Thursday, October 2, 2014

AND WASN'T IT FUN?


 From 5p.m. till ....hmmm I really don't know!  The poster said 7:00 p.m., but I have a feeling it went on longer...everyone was having so much fun!
 Again we brought food and put it on the tables and hey, presto! everyone had MORE than enough!  Thank you all those that did the hot dogs!



Fran, Karen, Linda and Kelly ham it up!  








And our new neighbors: Dennis and Maureen.... a BIG welcome to our block!



 Larry with Bolt, the only canine present....I heard Larry's skill in fire making came in handy...it was a good blaze!











And Charles with Bill... 






Trevor  and John are having a good time greeting people as they drop in..




 Hadn't seen Gil and Dorothy much, so it was nice to sit and talk with them. They have travelled a lot this year!



The Hot Dog guys did a lot of work!
Or are these the ones that ate them??

 talking to neighbors is fun.  We all had a seat , but also milled around to visit with everyone.  

 Antics like the one above filled the place with laughter.  Koleen made sure we all had enough and no one went away hungry!
Recipes were swapped or promised.  I got one from Gerry that I'm dying to make...looks like I'll have to wait till Friday, though.



 Corina and Jane show the way to the tables for refills!

 I got lots of photos, but they turned out rather fuzzy.  So I want to thank Kelly Ocky for taking these!  I'm glad for PicMonkey, as they were a little blurry, too, but I got them pretty well adjusted here.



 Fran and Tony are leaving by the end of the month, so it was nice to get in some time with them.  It's been great having them here and we hope they make a point of returning soon also.




Allen tended the fire and chopped wood to feed it ( right behind my chair...eeek)

So to one and all:  thanks for coming and see ya next time!








I'd like to extend an invitation to the Bistro on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.  Especially as the days get darker earlier, it is a nice place to gather and meet neighbors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON THIS BLOG

JULY AND AUGUST the dog days of summer...

 By July the garden at Chemainus Garden was in full swing.  New beds were constructed that weren't claimed. Many pros...