Saturday, September 12, 2015

CLARIFICATION ON VOTING AND REGISTRATION TO VOTE



I heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago that I thought I'd verify before election day. 

   I thought I heard that the  present government had changed the lines of voting to make fewer people able to vote. I may have misunderstood, but to make sure I called Elections Canada to see if I was still on the list at my present address, which I was at when the last Federal Election took place.
Since nothing has changed since then, I am on the list. If you have moved ( as has always been the rule), then you need to record your changes with Elections Canada.
If you have any doubt, it can be resolved in minutes by calling.
 I contacted Elections Canada and easily verified that I am  on the Elections Canada list for this area. 

Just call:



1-800-463-6868


On October 19, be sure to vote! 





On1-800-463-6868 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON THIS BLOG

JULY AND AUGUST the dog days of summer...

 By July the garden at Chemainus Garden was in full swing.  New beds were constructed that weren't claimed. Many pros...